If you avoid Gluten, you must try Gluten Free apple crumble at home. This article shares the simplest recipe for apple crumble that doesn’t even have Gluten. It only needs you to have 6 simple and easily accessed ingredients, and this recipe is wheat free because you don’t want to consume Gluten. Also, we have planned this vegan recipe, so you don’t have to rely on dairy products. Are you ready for this exciting journey to make apple crumble Gluten Free at your home? Let’s start with this article.
Table of Contents
This recipe needs 15 minutes of preparation time and 40 minutes of recipe time. There are only six ingredients no wheat, no dairy, no gluten, and no harmful additives. Also, if you are a beginner and don’t know how to make apple crumble at home, you don’t have to worry about it because it takes only 15 minutes to prepare this recipe, and then you need extra minutes to bake it. That’s why beginners can quickly make this recipe at their home.
Gluten Free Apple Crumble Recipe:
There was a time when making apple crumble Gluten Free was not a concept, but this recipe is Gluten Free. Now, you may be thinking about how to replace wheat flour and make this recipe Gluten Free, but don’t worry. Replace your plain wheat flour with Gluten Free plain flour available on the market.
Things To Have In This Recipe:
- It would be best if you had Gluten Free plain flour from the market. There is a type of flour-like commercial blend available in the market. Do you want to know how to make Gluten Free four at your home?
- Butter is essential for this recipe to rub it into the flour. Unsalted or salted butter is ok.
- Brown sugar is also a must. You can use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar because it has natural molasses to have more flavors. If you don’t add it, it will taste like applesauce.
- Ground cinnamon makes the best apple desserts. So, have it handy.
- If you want to add oats, it’s optional, and you can do it. Supermarkets sell Gluten Free oats, and you need to buy them only because other types of oats are not for this recipe.
- Bramley Cooking Apples that are large in size are best for this recipe, but if you can’t find them, you can buy any cooking apples from the market.
What’s Special About Gluten Free Apple Crumble?
- Do you know how it tastes? When you use sticky, soft, and caramelized apples, and some portion of cinnamon, it will be the greatest homemade apple crumble recipe with no gluten at all.
- This recipe is ready to please your guests when you top it with a buttery, crunchy, crumble mixture.
- You can also serve this recipe with hot and Gluten Free custard, vanilla ice cream, or any of your favorite cold desserts.
- Even if it doesn’t have Gluten in it because you haven’t used wheat flour, nobody will find it out as there is no compromise with taste.
- However, you can’t avoid contamination that you have to minimize.
- None of the ingredients of this recipe has a small amount of Gluten. That’s why whatever you purchase from the market, remember to read that it doesn’t have Gluten. For example, ingredients like oats, barley, flour, and rye.
- This Gluten Free apple crumbles completely dairy free when you use Stork Hard Margarine and avoid adding butter. Of course, the dairy-free recipe is a vegan recipe that you can try and avoid all types of animal products like milk, milkmaids, and anything else.
- You don’t need any special equipment to make this Gluten Free apple crumble at your home. Keep one baking dish handy and make sure it’s oven-proof. If your oven-proof dish is too small, your apple will be too thick, and if the dish is too large, it will make the apple crumble too thick. So, take a dish that’s 10-12” in size.
Things To Consider:
- Remember to make custard Gluten Free by using ingredients that don’t have Gluten. That’s it’s a must to check all ingredients carefully!
- If you like thickened custard, you can use corn flour to add some corn starch because it’s also Gluten Free. It’s always better to make Gluten Free custard at your home to keep the recipe as pure as possible.
- You can replace Bramley apples with other apples if you can’t find Bramley Cooking Apples in the market. Remember that there are two types of apples in the market. The first is cooking apples and eating dessert apples. You need to buy cooking apples only because they prepare a great mixture when combined with sugar. Also, some apples are both cooking apples and eating apples.
- Add any berries like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
Gluten Free Apple Crumble Recipe Procedure:
- Cut your apples in large chunks, but if you want a smoother experience, you can make small chunks.
- Use a food processor to rub the butter into flour because many people suffer doing the same without a food processor. Mix it till you see breadcrumbs resembling, but don’t blend it.
- You only need to make it a little golden. Add apple chunks and let it cook thoroughly.
- Let the mixture cool down and store it in the fridge. You can store it up to a weak and reheat it in the microwave when you want to serve.
The following ingredients are a must to make this gluten-free recipe at home.
- 170g of Gluten Free plain flour
- 80g of cold butter or Stork Hard Margarine
- Brown sugar 60g
- Ground cinnamon (3 teaspoons)
- Use Gluten Free oats (50g)
Ingredients Of Fruits:
- Three to four large apples
- 30g more butter or margarine
- 30g more brown sugar
- One-half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Recipe Procedure Steps:
- Heat oven at 180°C.
- Mix cold butter and flour in a large bowl and keep the consistency of breadcrumbs throughout. Add sugar, cinnamon, and oats.
- Chop apples into chunks. The apple chunks should be of your favorite size, large or small, for a smoother consistency.
- Take a saucepan, or you can also use a frying pan. Add butter, let it melt, and then add apple chunks.
- Cool apple chunks for a minute and adds cinnamon. Let apples slightly soften and cook them for five minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Place these half-cooked apple chunks into a medium oven-proof dish and bake it for 25-30 minutes. You can serve this with homemade custard, or you can also use vanilla ice cream.
How To Serve Nicely?
You can use some chopped pecan nuts, add them to your apple chunks that are being cooked, and see how it enhances colors and flavors.
After reading this article and learning how to make homemade Gluten Free apple crumble, you must try it with the same ingredients and proportions we have given here. After mastering it, you can try different experiments with your recipe.
Did you understand how to make a homemade Gluten Free apple crumble recipe at home? In this article, we have answered most of the user’s questions about apple crumble recipes, vegan diet, and Gluten Free homemade apple crumbles recipes. If you want to enhance the flavors and texture, you can make homemade Gluten Free custard at your home and serve apple crumble with it. Do you want to know anything else about apple crumble recipes, a Gluten Free diet, how to make apple crumble at your home, or anything else? Let us know.