Is your bladder overactive? You may be using Gemtesa tablets. Or you might be suggested or prescribed this medicine to treat your overeating bladder. If it is the case for you, you are at the right place. In this article, we will discuss a few aspects of Gemtesa. It includes the possible Gemtesa side effects and precautions. Mainly, we will discuss a time when the side effects are severe, and you have to seek medical help. We will also talk about symptoms that don’t need to be treated with medicine.
Table of Contents
What Is Gemtesa?
Gemtesa is used to treat your overactive bladder. Gemtesa is a vibegron medicine. It works to relax the bladder muscles. Hence, the bladder can hold urine more, and a person has minimal symptoms. The bladder’s function is to store urine. But if the bladder is overactive, it makes a person have sudden urges of urine. Sometimes, these urges are hard to control. Here are symptoms of an overactive bladder.
- Frequent urination
- Strong urges to urinate
- Sudden urges to urinate
- Involuntary loss of urine
How To Use Gemtesa?
If you want to avoid Gemtesa side effects, you must use it with proper care, following instructions. The following are must follow before using Gemtesa directly.
- Read the instructions if given by your physician.
- Do not take this medicine without a prescription.
- Ask your doctor how long you should take medicine.
- Solve your queries if you have any. Ask the prescriber about it.
- Take this medicine only with food if the prescription includes it.
- You can take this medicine without food if not specified.
- If the doctor has asked you to swallow the medicine, do not chew it. Or else, it will affect quickly.
- If you have to take it with a whole glass of water, do not just try to have only a sip of water with it. Drink a whole glass.
- Its dose depends on the need and the response of your body.
- Once your condition improves, you will be suggested to decrease the dose.
Note:- if there is a problem with swallowing the table, you can crush it and mix it with the whole glass of water. But if you can not drink the entire glass of water (containing the medicine’s powder), don’t waste or save it. Many people try to reserve it for further use. But do not save the leftover water with the medicine. Drink it at all.
If you want to take maximum benefits of this medicine, you can talk to a physician. If they prescribe its regular dose, you can take this medicine regularly. However, you have to take it at the same time. It becomes easier to remember. For example, if you take it at 12 PM, take it every day at 12 PM.
What Happens If The Medicine Doesn’t Work?
If you think this medicine does not work on your body, you have to talk to your physician. If it does not work and make your condition well, you may feel the worst side effects. When this medicine does not work, it may have side effects. The following sections will guide you through the side effects of this medicine.
What Are The Side Effects Of Gemtesa?
The essential thing to remember is that physicians prescribe this medicine to take its benefits against the overactive bladder, and also, physicians have beliefs that these medications have more pros when compared to their side effects.
Moreover, many people take this medicine, and they don’t face severe, even mild side effects of Gemtesa. Still, there are some possible side effects that many patients have experienced during the treatment of overactive bladder.
Possible Gemtesa Side Effects:
Some of the side effects of this medicine include the following.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, or others are its side effects. However, if these side effects continue and don’t vanish, it may feel worst. So, you need to consult a physician. It is an immediate process, and you can not make delays seeking medical help.
Therefore, if you have to experience adverse and worst effects of Gemtesa, you must ask your doctor. Some of the severe side effects of this medication include being unable to empty the bladder, say urinary retention.
Most Common Side Effects Of Gemtesa (No Need Treatment):
Some of the side effects of this medication occur that you don’t ha e to seek medical help. You can see them vanishing during the treatment. The reason is that the body will adjust to this medicine, and the overall health of a person makes him able to prevent the following side effects from creating the worst situations.
- Urinary tract infection
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Upper urinary tract infection
- Body ache & pain
- Cough producing mucus or cough
- Breathing problems
- Drying mouth
- Ear congestion
- Feeling of warmth
- Loss of voice
- Muscle aches
- Redness of the face, neck, arms, and sometimes, the upper chest
- Tightness of chest
- Sore throat
- Weakness or tiredness
Most Common Side Effects Of Gemtesa (Need Emergency Medical Help):
Even though some people experience its side effects mildly, sometimes, they have to seek medical help if the following symptoms are observed. So, if you have any of the following side effects of Gemtesa, you need to run to medical experts immediately.
- Bladder pain
- Cloudy or bloody urine
- Painful, burning, and difficult urine
- Frequent urges of urinate
- Side pain or lower back pain
- Incidence not known
- Urination frequency decreased
- Decreased urine volume
- Dribbling or difficulty in passing urine
- Skin rashes, encrusted, itching, scaly, and oozing.
What Are Allergic Reactions To Gemtesa?
It is rare to find any severe Allergic Reactions to this drug. Still, if you notice any symptoms of allergic reactions, you must seek medical help. The allergic reactions include skin rashes, itching, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, severe dizziness, and breathing problems.
It is not a complete list of side effects of Gemtesa or allergic reactions to this drug. If you notice other symptoms of this drug’s side effects, you can seek help.
What Are The Precautions To Take Gemtesa?
Before taking any medicine, you must follow its instructions. Then understand the precautions of it. So, you can avoid the side effects or harmful effects of medication. The following points are must remember for their Precautions.
- If you have any allergies, tell the pharmacist or doctor (before taking this drug)
- The medication may include some ingredients that can cause adverse effects. So, talk to the specialist before using them.
- If you have any medical history, you should tell your doctor. It is more than essential when you have bladder, kidney, liver, or any problems with the urinary system.
- If you need surgical treatment, you should tell your surgeon about the meditation you use.
- Pregnant women must use this drug only if needed and prescribed by doctors, but there are some risks involved in using it. So, if you are pregnant, you have to talk to your physician. The reason is that no studies have found if this medicine passes into mil or not. So, it is unknown whether it can affect a child while breastfeeding or not.
Things To Consider To Avoid Gemtesa Side Effects:
Most drugs are updated and have changed ingredients for the improvement of effectiveness. If it happens, the instructions also change. That means you must read the instructions whenever you purchase the drug. If any medicine wrapper doesn’t contain the instructions, you can not consume them without a prescription.
Similarly, you must not play with your body by self-changing the doses. Here are the points you should know.
If you have overdosed, you will experience severe symptoms of side effects. In that case, you need emergency medical help. You can seek doctors, call an ambulance, or even call a poison control center. Moreover, if someone has frequent urination problems, you should not advise them to use this medication if they don’t have their separate prescription.
2. Missing Dose:
For any reason, if you missed the dose (but you are taking it for a long), you must take it as soon as you realize it. However, ensure that you have enough time between two doses. And don’t decrease the duration between the doses.
How To Store?
When you have been prescribed this medicine regularly, you might have purchased it for weekly or monthly consumption. In that case, you must store your medicine at room temperature. Also, make sure you have put it away from light or moisture. Some people keep it in the bathroom, but that’s not a good idea. Also, ensure to keep this medicine away from pets and children’s reach.
You can not ignore these side effects if they appear once or continue for long. All you have to do is seek medical help immediately without wasting your time. Moreover, mild symptoms of Gemtesa Side Effects don’t make you need medical treatment, but you must consult a physician immediately if you experience them for a long time. Or else, they can create the worst situation, and you may have to run for emergency medical help.