Are you looking for roast pumpkin soup? Either you can make a super creamy pumpkin soup or a plain soup with a super delicious taste. In this article, we have shared two recipes about roasted pumpkin soup that you can try at your home. We keep it slightly spiced. If you are looking for a dairy-free pumpkin soup for your holidays, here we have covered that too. You don’t have to visit restaurants to taste the same roasted pumpkin soup. If you have been using it the next day, you can see the flavor is far better when you taste the leftover roasted pumpkin soup. So, we advise people to make the soup a day before consumption.
Table of Contents
What Should You Know about roast pumpkin soup?
The recipes that we have shared with this article include the main instructions on how can you roast your fresh pumpkins. Of course, if you want it to turn out the best for you and provide the maximum possible pumpkin flavor, you can try to perfectly roast it. However, we once tried a canned pumpkin puree, and it worked well. Additionally, we have planned this recipe with the minimum steps and to-the-point information. So, when you run out of time, you can quickly reference this article and prepare roast pumpkin soup.
Why Should You Share Your Feedback?
Any article that brings you the recipe needs to show some results too. So, let us know in the comment box that how this recipe turned out for you. Hence, other users can try it on their own too. So, your valuable feedback is essential. Of course, we know you are craving roasted pumpkin soup. So, if you try the recipe at your home and follow the same process, do let us know how it was.
Two Recipes Of Roast Pumpkin Soup:
In the following sections, we will share two recipes for roasted pumpkin soup. The first is with cream, and the other is without cream. The reason is that most users are not interested in making creamy soup. Same way, some users don’t enjoy the soup without cream. So, we have included both recipes in the roasted pumpkin soup guide for ease of finding both recipes. So, users don’t have to navigate through the internet and find the approval option for them.
Roast Pumpkin Soup (With Cream):
If you want to try a roasted pumpkin soup with cream at your home, this one is perfect. Here you get the maximum flavor of pumpkins, and it looks exciting for the holidays, dinners, lunches, and celebrations. You can try it with salad or sandwiches and almost can serve four to six bowls. Here is what you should know.
- It needs fifteen minutes of preparation time.
- You need almost 70 minutes for cooking.
- Hence, the total time required is one hour and 25 minutes.
- You can serve approximately four to six bowls.
- We will use the roast and blend method.
What Are The Ingredients?
- Keep four tablespoons of olive oil.
- One-fourth pound of pumpkins.
- Chop one onion.
- Press of mince four to six garlic cloves.
- Salt to taste.
- Group one-half teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Ground one-half teaspoon of nutmeg.
- One-eighth teaspoon of cloves.
- Have handy cayenne pepper for spice and black pepper.
- Use four cups of vegetable broth.
- Take one-half cup of coconut milk or heavy cream.
- Keep ready honey or maple syrup (two tablespoons).
- Take one-fourth cup of green pumpkin seeds.
Recipe Procedure Steps:
- Preheat your oven over 425 degrees and place a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the pumpkins in half and remove the seeds. Also, make its quarters. So, again slice halves of the two parts.
- Use a brush or rub and take one tablespoon of olive oil to flesh over Pumpkin. Cut its sides and place it on the baking sheet for at least 35 minutes.
- After that, let it cool. So, place it aside for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large Dutch oven. You can also use a heavy bottom pot. Add garlic, online, and salt to the simmering oil. Cook it for at least six to eight minutes.
- Keep stirring it, and at the same time, remove the pumpkin skin.
- Add pumpkin pieces, cloves, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Then, slow down the heat and let everything cook for a minute. Then add vegetables broth and let it boil.
- Again reduce the heat and cook it for at least fifteen minutes. It helps everything mix well and add flavors.
- Let the soup cook and toast the green pumpkin seeds over medium heat. Keep stirring and let it be golden and have a fragrant. Once they give a popping noise, remove it in the bowl and let it cool.
Final Steps To Avoid Ruining Your Recipe:
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup to the pumpkin mixture.
- Remove the pot from the heat to make it cool.
- Use any of the blending machines to blend your soup.
- Keep blending the soup until you think the mixture is smooth enough to serve. However, you can protect your hands with a kitchen towel while blending them.
- Try to taste your soup. How is it? Do you need anything to add? Adjust according to your comfort. You can also add more maple syrup, coconut milk, or anything to enhance the flavor.
- Prepare individual bowls and pour your roast pumpkin soup in all the bowls.
What To Do With The Leftover Soup?
When we make something at home, we know that we have something left to preserve. Of course, the taste and texture are better in the home kitchen, and our recipes are healthier, too. So, people don’t prefer to waste anything they’ve made. Therefore, we have come with the best technique to preserve your leftover roasted pumpkin soup.
- Let the soup completely cool.
- Then transfer the soup to the proper storage container.
- Keep the container in the refrigerator and keep it stored for up to four days. Of course, the taste of the leftover soup is even better!
- You can also freeze the soup for up to three months.
- Before serving, slightly heat the refrigerated soup.
- You can keep the soup at room temperature for at least one to two hours before heating up if the soup is frozen.
Roast Pumpkin Soup (Without Cream):
Don’t you want to make a creamy soup? Creamy pumpkin soup from the roasted Pumpkin is one of the best soups. Of course, the taste buds differ with people. So, if you don’t enjoy creamy roasted pumpkin soup, in this section, we have shared a recipe to make chef-level roasted pumpkin soup without cream. You can garnish this soup with toasted green pumpkin seeds. However, the following points are must to consider and understand before proceeding to the recipe steps.
- You need only five minutes of preparation time.
- It takes approximately 35 minutes to cook. So, the total time required is 40 minutes.
- This recipe provides four servings.
What Are The Ingredients?
- Take two sugar pumpkins of (three-fourth pounds weight), or you can use butternut squash. Keep them halves and remove their seeds.
- Take one onion and peel it, and a quarter through the stem.
- Take two shiitake mushrooms. Stem it and clean the caps.
- Peel one clove of garlic.
- One-half cup of olive oil is enough.
- Keep salt and pepper for the taste.
- Use vegetable stock (approximately five cups). You can make it at your home or buy it from the store.
Recipe Procedure Steps:
- To make this roast pumpkin soup without cream, preheat your oven at 450°F.
- Cut down pumpkins into 2 inches pieces.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven and place onion, mushrooms, and garlic over it.
- Add two teaspoons of salt and oil to toss and coat.
- Let it roast the Pumpkin for at least 30 to 35 minutes, and use a sharp knife to check if it’s tender or not.
- Let it cool down and remove the skin from it.
- Tame a saucepan and transfer your Veggies to a medium flame.
- Add two cups of stock and use an immersion blender to smoothen it.
- While blending, add three more cups of stock and put the roasted pumpkin soup over a simmer.
- After a few minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add salt and pepper.
- You can keep it covered to keep it warm.
Do You Have Leftover Roasted Pumpkin Soup Without Cream?
If you have made it in a large quantity and have some leftover soup, you can follow the same procedure to store it that we have discussed for the creamy roasted pumpkin soup.
Have you tried any of the roasted pumpkin soups at your home? Let us know which kind of soup is your favorite. We have discussed two recipes for different soups. The first is roasted pumpkin soup with cream, and the second is roasted pumpkin soup without cream. If you have tried roast pumpkin soup at your home, do not forget to let us know how it turned out to you.