Frank’s red hot is one of America’s top hot sauce brands. Their business spread across 20 countries makes Franks buffalo chicken dip loved worldwide. It is a 100 years old company and is still loved by all. Their creamy, fierce, and delicious dip goes perfectly well with an array of foods.
A brief history to know about Frank’s Red Hot
In 1917, Adam Estilette & Jacob Frank joined hands to create a hot sauce with cayenne peppers. Thankfully for us, they loved everything spicy. And thus, in New Iberia, Louisiana, Frank’s red hot sauce was invented. And two years later, they started bottling this sauce to sell.
But it was only in 1964 that Frank’s red hot sauce turned into Frank’s buffalo chicken dip. Anchor Bar & Grill in Buffalo, New York, decided to make buffalo wings with Frank’s sauce. They added butter and other ingredients to the sauce with the wings; the rest is a legend.
Is Franks buffalo chicken dip original buffalo wing sauce?
As the folks at Frank’s Red Hot like to boast, Franks Red Hot is the original buffalo sauce. As mentioned above, it was only when Anchor Bar & Grill made buffalo wings with their red hot sauce that it raged all over.
How does Franks dip differ from the original hot sauce?
Franks buffalo sauce differs from Franks red hot in flavor and spice. Both have aged cayenne peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and water.
But what makes them different is the natural butter flavor and paprika. Though only two ingredients are changed, it dramatically changes the overall flavor.
It goes from a regular hot sauce to the binge-worthy, lip-smacking buffalo sauce. Franks buffalo chicken dip sauce is smooth, buttery, fierce, and just the right thing to go with your wings.
Can you keep Franks red hot buffalo chicken dip frozen?
Of course, you can freeze the dip. You can put the dip in an air-tight container to store. It remains good for 3 months in the freezer.
You can thaw it by taking out the container and putting it in the refrigerator overnight.
Alternatively, you can also microwave it before use.
Can Frank’s buffalo chicken dip be made in advance?
Yes, you can make the dip before an event that you want to serve it. It can be made 3-4 days ahead of time, and you can store it in an air-tight container.
To reheat, microwave it for 2-3 minutes or heat it in a pan directly on a stovetop.
Franks red hot buffalo chicken dip
Franks buffalo chicken dip is an easy crowd-pleaser. The spicy buttery sauce tastes like the hot wings sans any mess and extra effort. This recipe is so versatile and easy to make that you can cook it for various occasions with a surety to pass with flying colors.
You can take it to house parties, game nights, and whatnot, but the box would never come with any remnants. It has everything that makes it the best choice to cook for such events.
The hot buttery-wing taste makes for a sinfully mouth-watering appetizer. It can easily be the best finger food, which is easy on the palate and your back.
With the flavors of chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing, this is an absolute favorite choice as an appetizer. It is easy and fast to make and pleases the taste buds just fine.
Franks red hot buffalo chicken dip recipe
Here is the complete process of making the famous chicken dip at home:
Ingredients for Franks red hot sauce buffalo chicken dip
|Butter - 1 tbsp|
|Chopped garlic - 7-8 cloves|
|Cooked and shredded chicken - 2 cups|
|Frank’s Original red hot sauce - ½ cup|
|Cream cheese - 250 g block|
|Cheddar cheese - 250 g|
|Ranch dressing/ sour cream- ½ cup|
|Blue cheese (optional) - 100 g|
|Green onions/ chives - 2 tbsp|
How to make Frank buffalo chicken dip
- Use cream cheese at room temperature. Taking it out of the refrigerator for 20-30 before cooking will soften it. This process will help save it from temperature shock, which might affect the cheese taste.
- Keep the heat low while cooking. Due to large amounts of cheese, it might end up overflowing from the baking dish. The high heat might react with the cheese quickly, causing it to bubble and overflow. Hence, keeping the temperatures below 350 degrees F is ideal. It makes a perfectly fluffy and creamy dip.
- Choosing the ideal baking dish is important. If the dish is too small, the dip might fall over. And it might cook more quickly than estimated and burn if put in a very big dish.
- Use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Shredding the chicken with a fork helps and keeps it move juicy.
- Use one cast-iron skillet for cooking and baking this dip. If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, use a normal pan for cooking on the stove. Then transfer it to a baking dish before putting it in the oven.
- You can always add more or less of Frank’s red hot sauce to adjust the spice levels of your dip.
- Adding blue cheese towards the end adds a burst of flavor to the dish. But if you are not a fan, you can skip it.
Method to make Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Buffalo chicken dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Arrange the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Take your iron skillet and put it on medium heat on the stove. Add butter and melt it.
- Put garlic and saute it till golden brown.
- Add the shredded chicken and Frank’s red hot sauce.
- Let it cook until the sauce thickens and is almost half in quantity.
- Bring the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Take the pan off the heat and top with sour cream/ ranch dressing and cheddar cheese.
- Now put the skillet in the oven for ten minutes or till the cheese is melted. Put it in for a few more minutes to have a golden brown top.
- Top it with blue cheese and green onions once removed. You can skip the cream cheese if you want.
- Serve hot.
What to serve with Franks red hot buffalo chicken dip
The Franks buffalo chicken dip can be served warm with many variations. You can serve it with celery sticks to have a healthy keto-friendly appetizer. This lip-smacking dip is also a great accompaniment with raw vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc.
Alternatively, you can serve this as a dip with nachos, tortilla chips, bread sticks, pita bread, and many more.
Frank’s buffalo chicken dip also makes a great spread or filling in tacos and burritos, paired with other veggies.
Different ways to make Franks buffalo chicken dip
You can try various ways to ease out the cooking process:
This is the simplest way to make Franks buffalo chicken dip. You need to put all the ingredients together in your crockpot. Cook on slow heat for 2 hours.
The recipe remains the same to make the dip mixture. Place the mixture in a baking tray or the dish that fits your air-dry. Cook it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or till the cheese has melted and formed a brown layer on top.
Variations of Buffalo chicken Dip Recipes
Cooking it up in different variations with a dip, so lit, is only justified. Why only follow one particular way when you can go crazy trying new flavors and cater to different needs.
Below is a guide on how to have the best buffalo chicken dips and make them even better. So get ready to take out your chips as you embark on this dip-lilicios journey.
Frank’s slow cooker buffalo chicken dip
This recipe is for those who want flavors but not cleaning favors. The slow cooker recipe works for you while you work on other things. You need a slow cooker and all ingredients set, and take a nap for 2 hours if you must.
You need to follow the ingredient list as above. Put everything together, except half the quantities of cheese and green onion. Cover and cook for 1 and a half hours to see the magic happen.
Stir everything to mix. Add the remaining cheese and green onions on top and cook for another 15 minutes.
Add blue cheese for a burst of flavor on top. You can also add some fried onions on top for some crunch and flavor.
Skinny buffalo chicken dip
This recipe is a lighter version of the heavily creamy and spicy original buffalo chicken dip. But fret not; it has all the flavors and goodness as the original. Only it is less heavy on your heart and health.
Ingredients required to make the skinny buffalo chicken dip
|Cooked and shredded chicken - 2 cups|
|Reduced-fat cream cheese- 250 g|
|Frank’s red hot original sauce - 1/2 cup|
|Low-fat ranch dressing - ½ cup|
|Green onions chopped - 2 tbsp|
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F to preheat it. In a big bowl, mix everything except green onions.
- Spread this mixture on a baking tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- The cheese will start bubbling and form a brown layer on top.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, celery, or carrot sticks.
This dip has much less fat compared to the original recipe. Therefore, it can be savored by health freaks guilt-free.
Vegan Buffalo chicken dip
Serving vegan food at a party is always a challenge. More often than not, people run out of vegan options to serve. But this vegan buffalo chicken dip won’t let you miss out on the sinful flavors of the original Franks buffalo chicken dip.
With an easy swap of some ingredients, this version is equally drool-worthy. It is creamy and flavorful and will be a star of the show. Not just for vegans, this is equally loved by all. So let’s jump right into the recipe.
|Raw cashews - 2 cups|
|Cauliflower rice - 4 cups|
|Olive oil - 2 tbsp|
|Vegan mayo - ½ cup|
|Frank’s red hot original sauce - 2/3 cup|
|Vegan Cheddar & mozzarella cheese blend - 2 cups|
|Water ½ cup|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend cashews with water till it has a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Put cauliflower rice (method to cook given below) on a baking dish and sprinkle olive oil on top.
- Roast the rice in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and spread the cashew paste, mayo, red hot sauce, and half the cheese over it. Mix it well.
- Spread this mixture evenly on the tray and cover the top with the remaining cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- The cheese will melt and start bubbling on top. It is the cue to take it out. Serve warm.
How to make cauliflower rice at home
Here are the basic steps to make cauliflower rice at home. It is a great substitute for rice as it is more healthy.
- Grate the cauliflower in a grater or use a mixer grinder to break it into small rice-size pieces.
- Wash and spread it on a towel or kitchen paper to remove moisture from it.
- Saute the cauliflower in a pan with a little oil. Cover with a lid to let it cook in the steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Season as per taste.
Let’s quickly look at all the things you will love to serve with this dip:
|Bell pepper sticks|
The list goes endless, and it is totally up to you how you want to pair your buffalo chicken dip with. In any way, it will taste as delicious and mouth-watering. The dip could be the perfect pot-luck food or a party appetizer for all the right reasons.
So don’t wait; get your apron ready to cook this wonderful dip.