Yogurt is an ideal ingredient for smoothies as it adds a perfect amount of protein, making it a filling snack or breakfast. Yogurt adds a massive 12 grams of protein per half-cup. It also adds live probiotics, which can help gut health, and vitamin B-12 and calcium. But do you know, how to make a smoothie with yogurt?
Here are some things to note about recipes of smoothies with yogurt:
- Use unflavored, plain yogurt. Flavored yogurts have artificial flavors and added sugars. Most of the recipes require plain yogurt.
- You can always add more! Most of the recipes of smoothie call for approximately half a cup Greek yogurt for two tiny servings. You can always add a bit more to enhance the protein.
- Substitute plain yogurt for Greek if you prefer. This type of yogurt is thicker and makes for a creamier one, but you can replace it with plain yogurt if you have one.
Table of Contents
Why use yogurt to make smoothies and how to make a smoothie with yogurt?
Yogurt has twice the proteins and is low in fat, and thus it keeps your waistline in check. Consuming it plain or with fruits and granola makes it a filling and healthy option any time of the day. Using yogurt to make smoothies is incredibly nutritious for these reasons.
- Yogurt is a creamier version of regular yogurt, thus, utilizing it to make smoothies results in better consistency and texture. Plus, you get your due protein intake.
- Yogurt includes more healthy bacteria referred probiotics that keep your gut hale and hearty. When yogurt is strained multiple times, the whey is alienated, and most lactose gets eliminated. Utilizing yogurt in smoothies is a vast benefit for lactose intolerant as it is easier to digest.
- Yogurt energizes your brain and promotes healthy brain function as it is packed with vitamin B12. Yogurt also contains calcium, potassium, and iodine, which are essential for the body.
Apart from keeping your gut happy, managing weight, and maintaining the digestive system functioning, yogurt tastes creamy and yummy. There are several smoothies and other recipes that can be made using yogurt.
Some standard recipes of smoothies with yogurt are as follows:
Vanilla protein smoothie:
If you are looking for a protein-packed smoothie with yogurt to sip, then you should try this smoothie recipe! It has a light fruity, creamy flavor and gives you twenty-five percent daily protein! Even better: there is no protein powder: just all organic, delicious ingredients! It is ideal for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
You will need yogurt, frozen pineapple, peanut butter, milk, banana, raspberries, and vanilla extract to prepare this. You need to put all these ingredients into the blender except the raspberries. Blend them until smooth. Serve it immediately after garnishing with raspberries.
Fruit and yogurt smoothie
This tasty drink has the right sweet, creamy flavor with a thick consistency. Yogurt is the key ingredient in this smoothie. It makes this drink a great way to start the day or ideal for breakfasts or snacks. To prepare this smoothie, you can use strawberries or raspberries, mango, banana, yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and ice. Place all these ingredients in the blender and mix until done. Serve chilled with ice.
This smoothie has the perfect creamy texture, tastes like pure blueberry, has no added sugar, and is full of natural, whole food ingredients. To make this smoothie, you will require a carrot, yogurt, banana, blueberries, and cinnamon. Add diced carrot, yogurt, and water to the blender. Once blended, add blueberries, banana, and cinnamon to the mixture. Milk is optional here.
Are you exhausted of the same old ways to eat a banana? If yes, then you should try a banana smoothie. It has got just the right creamy texture and beautifully banana-forward flavor. Take bananas, yogurt, milk, peanut butter or coconut, and vanilla essence. You can add all these things to the mixer and blend till creamy and frothy. Serve immediately.
Are you searching for an amusing way to eat your morning oatmeal? If yes, then choose the perfect oatmeal smoothie! You can blend up oats with banana, yogurt, milk, and peanut butter. The puree is perfectly flavored with cinnamon and extra creamy!
Cinnamon apple smoothie
This is a spicy, naturally sweet flavored smoothie! This one performs anytime and in any time. Vanilla and cinnamon are the right ingredients to this smoothie. It is loaded with yogurt, which gives it just the right creamy texture. You will feel like you are drinking an apple pie milkshake.
You will love the creamy texture and bright peach flavor, accented with cinnamon and vanilla. It is made with healthy ingredients like banana, peaches, and yogurt. You can even serve this as a healthy dessert.
Mixed berry smoothie
This is the perfect berry smoothie recipe with yogurt. This has just the right icy yet creamy consistency and succulent berry flavor. There is a little yogurt for some protein to make it a filling breakfast or snack. You can also add almond milk to this mouthwatering smoothie.
Oranges are often ignored when it comes to smoothie recipes. But they have got a delicious citrusy flavor and heaps of Vitamin C. This orange smoothie is creamy and tangy, with simply the correct amount of sweetness. You will need oranges, orange zest, yogurt, banana, vanilla extract, honey, and ice to prepare this. Add all these ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy the smoothie right away.
Strawberry pineapple smoothie
You can make this super tasty smoothie using frozen strawberries, chunks of pineapple, banana, yogurt, orange or pineapple juice, coconut, almond or oat milk, and ice cubes. You only need to include all these in a blender and make a smooth, frothy juice. To get the sweeter taste you can add maple syrup or honey.
This tasty pink-colored drink is filled with fruity flavor and is one of our favorite ways to use pomegranate seeds. You can add banana and frozen pineapple to make a creamy puree that is full of vitamins and nutrients. Add in a little yogurt for protein and you have got a smoothie that is satisfying and temptingly good.
How to make a healthy smoothie?
Too much sugar, sugary frozen yogurt, and too much fat in the smoothie can make it unhealthy. So, in order to make a smoothie that is healthy, nutritious, and less on calories, you can follow the below-mentioned points:
- Add some whey protein to breakfast smoothie as this is an easy-to-digest protein that contains all the essential amino acids. You can use low-fat yogurt and try almond milk for a non-dairy alternative.
- Cut up pieces of plums, peaches, strawberries, nectarines, apricots, and cherries, and then put them out on a dish and refrigerate them until stiff. Store in a plastic bag until you are ready to use them. You can freeze raspberries and blueberries whole. Frozen fruit will help keep your smoothies frosty and thick.
- If you want to thin down your smoothie, try coconut water from tender coconuts instead of using sugary fruit juice. The coconut water contains lots of electrolytes and potassium. Coconut water is incredibly refreshing and you can try it post-workout.
- You can add agave syrup, which looks like honey but is less sweet. Its primary advantage is that it has a reduced glycemic index load. This means it causes fewer spikes in blood sugar, so you are less likely to feel hungry soon after you have had your smoothie.
- Use an avocado. Bananas are quite popular when preparing smoothies as they add sweetness, body, and nutrients. But they are also high in sugar. Thus, if you are trying to bring down on the sweet stuff, add in a half or quarter of an avocado, instead. You will get lots of B-complex vitamins, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. And while avocados are high in fat, they include linoleic and oleic acids that effectively reduce LDL cholesterol and increase healthy HDL cholesterol. Moreover, they are one of the best fruits for keeping hunger pangs away.
Finding the suitable liquid for your smoothie is essential to help create the best taste and get the right consistency. Cow’s milk, almond milk, water, kefir, and yogurt are some of the most commonly used liquids in smoothies. While yogurt is not considered a liquid, it is the ideal option if you want to thicken your smoothie and include protein and probiotics. Containing more protein than milk, this kind of yogurt is gluten-free naturally, and the probiotics will help your gut stay in perfect health condition. When buying this product, go through the tag: You must be purchasing authentic yogurt with no preservatives and one that has high sugar content. You may need to add a little water in for a smoother blend. Thus, the next time you want to make some delicious smoothies for yourself, do not forget to add sugar-free fresh yogurt and enjoy a glass of wholesomeness.