Are you happy with your smile? When you look at pictures of yourself or smile in the mirror, are you satisfied with what you see? If the answer is anything but yes, you may be an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry. By making improvements to your teeth, no matter how small, you can boost your confidence and start feeling better about yourself.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to procedures that primarily serve to improve the appearance of your teeth. In some cases cosmetic procedures can also improve your dental health, but the main purpose is to improve aesthetics. One or a combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures can transform your smile and help you feel more confident throughout your daily life.
Examples of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Some common cosmetic procedures include:
- Teeth whitening. One of the easiest ways to improve your smile is through teeth whitening treatment. Professional teeth whitening provided by your dentist offers dramatic results in just one in-office treatment or in a few weeks of home treatments. Brighten your smile through safe, effective teeth whitening.
- Veneers. Veneers are thin, shell-like covers that attach to the front side of your teeth. They can conceal a wide variety of imperfections, including stains, uneven teeth, chips, gaps, and more.
- Cosmetic bonding. Tooth colored material can be applied to the teeth in order to reshape them and cover stains. Cosmetic bonding uses material that is similar to what is used to fill cavities.
- Crowns. A dental crown is a protective covering that is placed over a tooth that has severe decay or damage. It allows the natural root to remain in place while it covers the existing tooth enamel. Crowns provide dental health benefits as well as cosmetic.
- Dental implants. Missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants to restore your natural looking smile. A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically placed in the jaw that an artificial tooth can attach to. It works as an artificial tooth root to support a prosthetic.
- Invisalign. Invisalign straightens teeth, closes gaps between teeth, and aligns your bite, all through a system of clear aligners that fit over your teeth. The aligners are virtually invisible, allowing you to improve your smile and your orthodontic health discreetly.
How Can Improving My Smile Boost My Confidence?
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you. When you meet someone new, go to a job interview, or just walk down the street, you should have the confidence to smile naturally. If you feel dissatisfied with your smile, even due to the slightest imperfection, it can make you less likely to smile. Not smiling can give others the wrong impression about you.
Cosmetic dentistry can correct any imperfections in your teeth that make you feel self conscious. When you see your results, your confidence gets a boost that can change how you feel about yourself and how others perceive you. Your new smile can open doors in both your professional and personal life. It could change your life in ways you never thought possible. Stop hiding your teeth and start your cosmetic dentistry journey today.
The Ricco Dental Group offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments and procedures, including teeth whitening, dental implants, Invisalign, and more, that can conceal or correct imperfections and transform your smile.