Your Breakfast Best friend, Pancake is the best thing to eat and start your morning. Whenever we hear ‘Pancake’, a scene comes to mind about a layer of fluffy pancakes with butter on top melting alongside honey served with nuts and fruits. This mouth-watering food is loved by everyone from kids to adults. While we have thousands of ways to make pancakes, we will specifically discuss the Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe and guide you in an easy way.
Table of Contents
Are Pancakes only for Breakfast?
This is a common perception that Pancakes are morning food as we are used to cooking it for breakfast. The ingredients used in cooking pancakes are light and healthy too. People prefer this light breakfast in the morning as it makes them feel fresh. Pancakes are not perfect for starting your morning, but a good brunch. It is a perfect dessert as well. Since pancakes can be made in thousands ways, it is not surprising to have many healthy alternatives for people with medical conditions. Either serve honey and fruits on pancakes to start your morning or eat hot pancakes with cold ice cream as your dessert at night, it is perfect in every way for you.
To cook a perfect Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe, you need to start by gathering all the pancake ingredients with appropriate measurement:
- All purpose flour (1 ½c.)
- Baking powder (3tsp.)
- Light brown sugar / White sugar (2 tbsp.)
- Salt / Kosher Salt / Rock Salt (1 tsp.)
- Whole milk (¾c.)
- Sour Cream (1/2c.)
- Large eggs (2)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp.)
- Bananas (Coin sliced)
- Butter (2 cubes)
- Mint leaves
- Honey or Maple Syrup
Fluffy Honeyed Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe
Now that you’ve all the things needed to make pancakes, here’s an easy guide to cook Fluffy Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe:
- Mix all purpose flour, grinded bananas, melted butter, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Now whisk everything in a large bowl, mixing it well without any lumps left. You can also add a food colour or extract to as per your preference.
- Take another bowl and mix sour cream, milk. Add beaten eggs in this mixture and slowly whisk it again by adding one egg at one time. Do not over-whisk it.
- Stir vanilla extract in it. Use a wooden spoon to add all ingredients together to make the pancake batter.
- Preheat your non-stick pan or skillet. Add butter and spread it evenly on the surface.
- Let it melt evenly and then add the batter slowly. The size of your pancake should only be big enough, so it gets flipped easily without breaking.
- Wait till the side touching the surface is golden enough and then flip it. Do not overcook.
- Now make a single layer of all pancakes upon each other and put the butter cube. Use a wooden spoon to spread honey all over it as it drips down. Add coin sliced bananas and walnuts on top of it.
- You can also use dried walnut powder on it to sprinkle. Serve it with mint leaves and milk.
Eat them hot and fluffy.
Avoid these mistakes
While cooking the Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe, you need to keep some things in mind to avoid unnecessary waste of time and ingredients. Never estimate the measurement of ingredients. Use proper measuring spoons. Do not mix eggs directly in pancake mixture. When you whisk the mixture, pour the beaten egg slowly. Make sure it is the right amount otherwise your pancake batter will be too thin. If your pancake batter is hard and sticky, it must be a poorly mixed batter. Do not overwhisk your batter. Pre-heat the skillet and then spread butter evenly on the surface while it melts. Do not put the batter directly on the skillet or pan. Do not overcook just cook it on light heat. Add salt to balance out the taste. Avoid sticky skillets or pans. Cooking the pancakes requires high smoking fat which can be clarified butter or ghee.
Do not put too many batters, it will get overcrowded in the pan. Everything will get mixed and messy. Make sure the size of your pancake is big enough to get flipped, if it is too big then you won’t be able to flip it well and break it. Don’t flip too soon, wait till the bubbles start to pop up. The side touching the surface of the pan should be properly cooked before you flip it. Use wooden spatula rather than sharp steel. Eat them right after taking it out of the pan and serve it with butter and honey on top with nuts and fruits.
Since you know everything about how to cook a perfect Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe and basic things to avoid while cooking your pancakes, you are eligible to make any kind of pancake and combinations. Not only for breakfast, Pancakes are good desserts too. It depends on the hands and skills of the person who is entering the kitchen which means it isn’t necessary to be a certified chef. You can do wonders too.