Have you tired of preparing complex meals that take too much preparation time and need several ingredients that may not be handy? You don’t have to worry when you have reached this page to learn how to make the easiest and best vegan fried rice. Without taking time, we will start with the origin of this quick, super delicious, and healthy dish. Of course, most people nowadays want to eat something healthy, fast, and delicious they can make at home.
Where Did Fried Rice Come From Around?
You may have never known the origin of the rice because it’s unknown. However, the earliest mention is to be believed the book about a Chinese Cuisine from Sui Dynasty (569-618). The storyline says Yang Guang had tasted this dish in Yangzhou and loved it so much because of the imperial meal.
It was the standard recipe for this Yangzhou fried rice. It included rice, eggs, meat, fish, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and peas. Of course, that is never a vegetarian or even a vegan recipe. It is only for the origin purpose.
The term vegan means something that doesn’t even have dairy products like milk or anything coming from an animal or precessed made of milk. Hence, it’s the plant-based version of fried rice that you can call 100% vegan. All ingredients mixed in this dish come from the plant, but rice has to be cooked twice to see the effects of fried rice.
Why Is So Fried Rice Loved?
In the summertime, most love to cook, but not if it’s summer. Hence, in summer, people want to cook simple recipes like vegan fried rice. It takes minimal time and preparation. Still, the taste is yummy, and your dish becomes ready in almost 30 minutes. It’s too light, healthier, less in fat, and delicious. That’s why most people won’t ever have fried rice in any season when they want to eat well-cooked fried rice to save their time and feel healthy.
How To Make Best Vegan Fried Rice?
In this article, we will discuss two different recipes for fried rice in the category of vegan meals. You can go with either and let us know how it turned out to you.
In this recipe, you only require ten ingredients. It is too easy and standard procedure to make fried rice without adding any dairy product. It takes less than one hour to prepare your dish, including cooking the rice. At the same time, it gives almost 27 grams of protein to keep you healthy.
We start it with crispy and baked tofu marinated in a simple 5-ingredient sauce and sauteed. After that, you can toss vegetables and the remaining sauce. Also, tender brown rice correctly.
It has flavors to satisfy, loaded with several vegetables, topped with crispy tofu, a little spicy, and delicious overall. You can prepare this as a side dish, main meal, or for snacks. You don’t have to visit restaurants if this style of fried rice is your favorite dish and you know how to cook them this way.
What Can I Serve With Fried Rice?
You can use collard green spring rolls, Gochujang Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts, or 20 Minutes Asian Kale Salad.
- You can prepare everything in 15 minutes.
- You require an overall cooking time of one hour.
- The total time required is about one hour and 15 minutes.
- You can use it as a side dish, the main meal of the day, or as a snack.
- It is gluten-free, vegan, and healthy but not freezer-friendly.
- One cup of short or long-grain brown rice.
- One cup of extra firm tofu.
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Chop one cup of green onions.
- One-half cup of peas.
- Finely dice one-half cup of carrots.
- Keep three Tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari (keep extra for veggies).
- Keep one tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Keep two to three tablespoons of organic brown sugar, maple syrup, or muscovado sugar.
- Mince one clove of garlic.
- Keep one to two tablespoons of chili garlic sauce.
- Keep one tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
Direction To Recipe
- To make this fried rice, preheat your oven to over 400°F.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- At the same time, wrap your tofu in a clean and absorbent towel and set it on the top. It is to press out the liquid. Dice your tofu into one-fourth inches cubes and arrange on the baking sheet. Bake tofu for approximately 30 minutes, and let it have golden brown edges. As soon as it gets firmer and crispier, quickly remove it from the oven. If you want crispy tofu, let it bake for 30 minutes or if not, bake for 26 minutes.
- While tofu is baking, bring rice to twelve cups of water and boil in the pot. Once done, rinse and stir. It may take approximately 30 minutes. Strain the cooked rice for 10 seconds and keep back to the heating Pot. And remove from the heat and cover with a lid to let it steam for approximately ten minutes.
- While cooking both, make the sauce by mixing up all ingredients in the bowl and whisk it to mix well. You can taste it. Add more of any tastemakers if you don’t feel like the best taste. Then heat your sauce.
- Add your tofu directly to the sauce once baked and marinate it for five minutes.
Make it more tasty
- Put a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Scoop your tofu in the pan and the rest of the sauce. Let it cook for at least four minutes and lower the heat to avoid it browning quickly. Then remove it from the pan.
- Add garlic, green onions, carrots, and peas to the still-hot pan and saute it for approximately 4 minutes. Add one tablespoon of tamari and soy sauce.
- Once everything is done, add your cooked brown rice, tofu, and the remaining sauce and stir the final mixture. Let it cook for four minutes over medium heat.
Your vegan fried rice is ready to serve immediately with extra chili garlic sauce or Sriracha. It is optional.
Chef Level Tips:
- If you don’t love tofu, you can add one cup of frozen edamame with the vegetables.
- The recipe is perfect with brown rice.
- The serving provides calories 321.
- It has Carbs of 48.7g
- Protein 28.7g
- Fats 13.5g
- Saturated Fat 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat 1.05g
- Monosaturated Fat 1.01g
- Trans Fat and Cholesterol 0g
- Sodium 816mg
- Potassium 385mg
- Fiber 4.8g
- Sugar 7.7g
- Calcium 107mg
It is another way to make vegan fried rice. You must have oil, veggies, soy sauce or tamari, and of course, rice. All these ingredients are handy and easily accessible. You have to use garlic, carrot, onion, peas, and corn. A freshly ground ginger can add a better taste.
We have used a wok, but you can replace it with a skillet and must have extra virgin olive oil. We suggest cooking the rice a day before eating. You require long grain basmati rice, but there are other flavors too to choose from them.
If you want to try something new, you can steam or boil your Veggies instead of frying vegetables with rice. Hence, there is no need to have oil, and fried rice will be delicious. However, we have put the recipe in the original version.
You can try tamari instead of using soy sauce because there is no wheat or gluten in it.
- You require five minutes of preparation time.
- Cooking time of 20 minutes.
- Total time 25 minutes.
- It comes from Chinese Cuisine.
- 200 grams of rice.
- Use 80 grams of corn kernels.
- 80 grams of peas.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (two tablespoons)
- Garlic (two cloves)
- One-half onion
- Carrot (one)
- Tamari or soy sauce (two tablespoons)
Recipe Procedure Steps:
- Cook your rice as per the direction in the package. You can cook a day before use.
- While using fresh or frozen peas and corn kernels, you must cook them as per the direction in the package. Skip this if using canned peas and corn kernels.
- Heat oil in a wok and add chopped onion and garlic. Then add diced carrot and cook it for two minutes.
- Add corn kernels and peas and cook for two minutes.
- Add your rice, tamari, or soy sauce and cook for two minutes.
This recipe was quicker and easier. Wasn’t that? One-half of this recipe will provide you with the following nutrition (approximately).
- 552 Calories
- 7.5g Sugar
- 1039.9mg Sodium
- 105g Carbs
- 8.2 g Fat
- 1.2g Saturated Fat
- 13.1g Protein
- 5.1g Fiber
Which recipe is quicker for you? Did you enjoy the two correct recipes to make chef-level vegan fried rice? If you have tried any of the above-given two recipes, you must share your reviews here. Also, let us know if you knew the history of fried rice before going through the article. We have also covered nutritional information to make sure you know what you get from these dishes.